An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone with a passion for public service to contribute to ensuring a safer South Yorkshire. The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner is looking for a:
Performance and Assurance Officer
Location: Carbrook, Sheffield (currently homeworking due to Covid)
Salary £25,380 – £29,064
37 hours per week
Fixed term contract for 12 months (possibility of extension)
The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for South Yorkshire is looking for someone to provide support to the Police and Crime Commissioner and his senior leadership team in delivering efficient and effective policing and crime services to the public of South Yorkshire.
The Police and Crime Commissioner, as a directly elected official, is accountable to the public of South Yorkshire for the delivery of efficient and effective policing and crime services. He has a duty to involve and engage the public, and wider stakeholders, so that their views can be considered and fed into the design and delivery of services that support a safer South Yorkshire.
This role involves working closely with South Yorkshire Police, partners, key stakeholders and other service providers.
Your main focus will be to provide information and advice in a range of ways to support the Police and Crime Commissioner, and Senior Leadership Team, in his oversight and scrutiny of service providers to deliver the local Police and Crime Plan priorities. These can include:
- Monitoring, analysing and evaluating data from a wide range of sources.
- Developing and producing performance reports to present complex information and data to a range of audiences including to senior managers, stakeholders and the public.
- Analysing and evaluating stakeholder and partner reports and data returns.
- Supporting in depth reviews of specific aspects of policing and crime services in various ways. For example, using process reviews, data analysis, data audits, surveys, focus groups and other research methods to identify areas for improvement so that residents of South Yorkshire have access to and receive the best possible service.
Skills and Experience:
To be successful you will need to demonstrate a collaborative style of working that supports the delivery of excellent services for the public. You must be educated to degree level, in a relevant subject or equivalent, a good communicator, have an inquiring mind and be able to provide evidence based challenge to bring about improvements in service delivery.
If you feel you have the passion and ambition to help build a safer South Yorkshire, and have the resilience necessary to work in a fast ever-changing environment, then this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
We offer generous entitlements and supportive policies to enable a better work-life balance, some of which are listed below:
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible and agile working
- Generous ‘family’ leave
- Access to a range of occupational health facilities
- Generous pension scheme
Monday 3 August 2020 at 23.55.
Shortlisting will be completed early August with testing and interviews taking place on 25 and 26 August 2020.
Candidates should note that appointment to this position is subject to successfully passing vetting clearance, at the appropriate level.
Contact point for applicants:
If you would like to talk informally about the role then please call the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for South Yorkshire and ask for Erika Redfearn or Kevin Wright Tel: (0114) 296 4132 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Performance & Assurance Officer Summary of Main Duties
- Performance & Assurance Officer Person Specification
For further information about the role of the South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner and his team, please visit https://southyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk/
Apply for the role:
To apply for the role, please submit your CV along with a covering letter giving examples of how you meet the requirements of the role and email to email@example.com by the closing date.
Please ensure you include the name of the role and the closing date in the subject field of your email.