See how South Yorkshire Compares to Similar Areas on Responding to Domestic Abuse Crimes
Number and Rate per 1,000 of the Population of Police Recorded Domestic Abuse Related Incidents and Crimes for the Year Ending March 2019:
- There were 34,296 Domestic Abuse related incidents and crimes recorded by the police in South Yorkshire in the year 2018/19, the rate per 1,000 of the population is 24%.
- The rate per 1,000 of the population in Yorkshire and the Humber is 26% and the average rate per 1,000 of the population in England and Wales is 22%.
The Number of Police Referrals to the CPS for a Pre-charge Decision that was Related to Domestic Abuse and the Number of Domestic Abuse-related Charges for the Year Ending March 2019
- In South Yorkshire 66% of legal decisions resulted in a charge in Domestic Abuse related crimes for the year ending March 2019.
- The rate of legal decisions to charges in Yorkshire and the Humber was 73% and the average for England and Wales was 74%.
The Number of Domestic Abuse Related Prosecutions and Convictions for the Year Ending March 2019
- 76% of prosecutions for Domestic Abuse related crimes in South Yorkshire resulted in convictions.
- The average for Yorkshire and the Humber is 76% and England and Wales is 77%.
For more information on Domestic Abuse visit the website here.