See how South Yorkshire Compares to Similar Areas in Responding to Domestic Abuse Crimes
Rate per 1,000 of the Population of Police Recorded Domestic Abuse Related Incidents and Crimes for the Year Ending March 2022:
- There were 38,073 Domestic Abuse related Incidents and crimes recorded by the police in South Yorkshire in the year ending March 2022. This equates to a rate of 27 incidents or crimes per 1,000 population.
- The chart above shows how South Yorkshire compares to our most similar police force areas for this measure. The comparative rate per 1,000 of the population in England and Wales is 25.
The Percentage of Domestic Abuse Related CPS Legal Decisions Resulting in a Charge for the Year Ending March 2022:
- In South Yorkshire 65% of legal decisions resulted in a charge for Domestic Abuse related crimes in the year ending March 2022.
- The average rate of legal decisions to charges across England and Wales was 73%.
The Percentage of Domestic Abuse Related Prosecutions Resulting in a Conviction for the Year Ending March 2022:
- 72% of prosecutions for Domestic Abuse related crimes in South Yorkshire resulted in convictions.
- The average for England and Wales is 76%.
For more information on Domestic Abuse data visit the Office for National Statistics website here.