A subject access request is a request for personal information held about an individual by the PCC.

Please note – the PCC does not hold information relating to operational issues, this information will be held by South Yorkshire Police.  Information on how to make a subject access request to South Yorkshire Police can be found here

You can make a subject access request to the PCC by any means, including:

South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner
South Yorkshire Police HQ
Carbrook House
Carbrook Hall Road
South Yorkshire
S9 2EH

A request can also be made by your solicitor or others on behalf of the data subject provided signed written authority is provided.

What happens once I have submitted a subject access request?

You will be sent a subject access request form to complete.

The following information will be required:

  • Title
  • Name
  • Date of birth
  • Home address
  • Telephone number
  • Your requirements

You may also be asked for proof of your identity.

Why do you need proof of my identity?

To help establish your identity and ensure your personal information does not go to someone else.

What proof of identification do I need?

You may be asked for a piece of information held in your records that you might reasonably be expected to know.

Alternatively, you may be asked for copies of official documents, which clearly show your name, date of birth, current address and signature.  Photocopies are acceptable.

Requests about children

Children aged 13 or over are able to provide their own consent, therefore they will be able to make their own subject access request.

For children under this age, you will need to provide proof of parental responsibility if you are requesting information on behalf of a child.

Will I be charged a fee?


If your requests are excessive or manifestly unfounded the PCC reserves the right to refuse your requests.

When will I receive a response?

The PCC has one month to respond to your request, from when we receive the information necessary to identify you is received.

If more time is needed, an extension of another two months is allowed, provided we have let you know.