Police and Crime Commissioners need to work with a broad range of organisations, and local authorities are vital partners.
In addition to a focused role in scrutinising the Commissioner through Police and Crime Panels, local authorities and elected members need to work closely with commissioners as partners. They share an interest in improving outcomes and services in a range of areas from community safety and youth justice to health, safeguarding and civil contingencies.
The partnership landscape is very complex, covering an array of organisations across the county. South Yorkshire Police have the following collaboration agreements:
- Agreement for the provision of policing services in Yorkshire and the Humber
- Humberside Police for Human Resources and Information & Communications Techonology functions
- Yorkshire and Humberside Police Forces for Scientific Support
- Yorkshire and Humberside Police Forces for Underwater Search and Rescue
- National Police Air Service for the Police Helicopter
- Yorkshire and Humberside Police Forces for Regional Procurement
If you require further information regarding any collaboration agreements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org